6.23.2009

cloud & fire

{this ended up being a mouth full}

I am currently in Lancaster, PA and began interning with a christian photographer. It has been a privilege to work with such talented professionals with such similar vision.

I spend my mornings here studying light, and photography {the art of writing with light} from a biblical perspective. My studying has changed from seeking strategy to seeking the lover. As I have looked into spiritual heroes of mine I have seen a common tread, intimacy, love and action. Abraham trusting, Nehemiah diligently pursuing hope, Daniel's discipline, William Wilberforce's dedication to the slavery abolition, and many men who were despised because thy spoke God's truth- love & hope.

All these men knew their God. They knew His heart, what pleased Him and what grieved Him. They were all men of discipline {which is an area I feel challenged in at present} They all pursued their lover not out of duty, but sheer delight. They found something in the fathers heart that created acceptance, fullness, and Passion to explore this abyss of love. They discovered the light, which unveils purpose, gives definition to existences and a context for love to exist. They found their lover.

Because they knew Him they understood the His desires for people. He longs for intimate union with His bride {The Church} He desires for widows, orphans, and the oppressed to be loved cared for and freed. He is a God of justice, and at the heart of justice is reconciliation with Him.

In this studying I too feel the desire to act out what I see my father doing on earth. To love, to hope and to act accordingly. "If your presences dose not go with us, do not take us up from here" Moses begged of God as they Him into the wilderness.

With so many issues in this world how dose one choose to act? I feel that we are to respond. We go where He gos, and we do what we see Him doing. We are to know the Father, and as we learn his heart and desires we then choose to respond by partnering with Him to see His will on earth just as it is in heaven. We get there by seeking Him, reading His word, communicating with Him, and seeking His will and not our own.

In my recent death resistant struggles, I've clung to what it is I desire for my life (occupation, location and possessions) I see more and more that all those will in fact vanish. Yet I am learning {very slowly} that every moment, effort, and penny spent sowing into the Lord's harvest will in fact bring forth a vast profit.

Imagine stepping into eternity starring into the fiery eyes of Jesus, and saying to Him I knew it! I knew you would look like that, I saw you, I knew you on earth! Entering into heaven with street orphans, HIV positive outcasts, the overlooked refugees, trafficked women and children would be more than worth the minute sacrifices during our stay on earth.

My response: I am going to Asia.

For three months I will document lives, and stories, which I believe have the power to end social issues. I will document:

Thailand
- Human sex trafficking (and ministries working to end it) - Bangkok
- Akah refugees from Burma - Chiang Rai
- HIV/AIDS refugees with no health care - Chiang Rai

Bhutan
- Underground Church
- Bhutanese refugees

Kyrgyzstan
- Homeless {often living in sewers to escape the cold}

I will put together video and photo documentaries revealing the reality of these issues. What it will take to put them to an end, and how we can be a significant part in doing so. I plan on holding photo exhibit/art shows to express these issues, and again show the action steps.

I covet and rely partnership. God has called me to partner with Him to see his desire for His children established on earth. This is not my ministry. I would love to invite you to join in this vision, which is so much larger than myself. If you feel a desire to partner in this vision in any way please email me.

Needs: Many many people to stand with in prayer, with logistics, creativity using their gifts talents and abilities to partner with this vision, by coming with me, or financially supporting the vision. Please here me, it is so not about giving me a check, but standing together in a vision and a goal to partner with God's will on earth just as it is in heaven.

I am Blessed to be a part of your life, and thank you for reading,

Billy